All-Women judging panel for UK-India awards
CELEBRATING WINNING PARTNERSHIPS
8 March 2019, LONDON: The third annual UK-India Awards 2019 will be judged by an all-women panel, India Inc. announced on International Women’s Day 2019.
The UK-India Awards 2019 will be judged by a panel of experts and Influential figures with leading roles in the UK-India international partnership.
The full panel includes:
- Shalni Arora, CEO of Savannah Wisdom, a private family charitable foundation and winner of the Beacon Award for Philanthropy
- Deborah D’Aubney, Director and Chief Counsel, Rolls Royce plc
- Ruth Davidson, Leader of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist party, and Member Scottish Parliament for Edinburgh Central
- Rt Hon. Patricia Hewitt, Chair of the Advisory Board for the Oxford India Centre for Sustainable Development, former Chair of the UK India Business Council and long-serving UK Cabinet Minister
- Gina Miller, Co-Founder of Lead Not Leave, an organisation campaigning for the UK to take the lead in reforming the European Union from within, and Founder of True & Fair Foundation
- Falguni Nayar, Founder of Nykaa, Founding Member of the Asia Society in India and one of Fortune India’s 50 Most Powerful Women in Business in 2018
The Awards will be presented at a glittering showcase in London on 28 June to conclude UK-India Week 2019, a week of celebrations of the partnership between global Britain and India.
India Inc. Founder and CEO Manoj Ladwa, the Founder of UK-India Week, said:
“As bold partners on the world stage, the UK and India are leaders in tackling global issues, driving change and innovation and excelling in business and leadership.”
“This is the first ever all-women panel judging panel for the UK-India Awards. Women are setting the pace in global ties between the UK and India and making enormous contributions to the global influence of these two partners. Our all-star panel of judges will ensure they are duly recognised.”
About UK-India Week:
UK-India Week sets the pace for the two global nations’ bold, winning partnership, showcasing the potential for collaboration between the two countries.
UK-India Week launches with ‘India Day’, a day of broad discussion and valuable debate tackling issues central to the future of the global partnership. UK-India Week’s cornerstone event is India Inc. Leaders’ Summit, a two-day exchange of enterprise, innovation and opportunity which convenes international business leaders, change-makers and entrepreneurs to enhance collaboration. It concludes with the UK-India Awards, a star-studded show celebrating people and organisations who, with their worldwide influence, are creating new frontiers for the UK-India partnership.
About the UK-India Awards:
The UK-India Awards is an exclusive event celebrating the winning partnership with a star-studded cast of VIP guests, celebrated entertainers and influential figures from business and the public sphere. Now in its third year, the UK-India Awards 2019 promises another glamorous evening bringing together over 400 senior global leaders and changemakers from the world of business, technology, innovation, politics, diplomacy, media, arts & culture around the world. The UK-India Awards celebrates special talents and recognises individuals and organisations who use their worldwide influence to strengthen the countries’ bond, create a truly global partnership, and inspire the next generation of leaders.
About India Inc:
India Inc. is a London-based media house that produces incisive content and events on investment, trade and policy matters relating to India’s increasingly globalised economic and strategic agenda. Its flagship publication is the fortnightly ‘India Global Business’. In addition, India Inc. also organises several high impact events, the latest being the UK-India Week 2018. India Inc. was founded in 2011 by strategist and entrepreneur Manoj Ladwa.