A New Dawn For India
What Does It Mean For UK-India Business?
In association with Ashurst.
The Indian elections have gripped the world. Not only by the sheer scale of the democratic process, but also the prospects of a change in government. This India Inc. Briefing hosted in association with global law firm Ashurst will bring together some of the UK’s most senior business figures to debate what the likely new opportunities and challenges will be for UK businesses doing business in India. Will it truly be a new dawn for India? What should UK investors be doing to capture the opportunities? Or will the mood of expectation and reform fade away as quickly as it arrived?
Delegates will receive authoritative insights from eminent speakers who have their pulse on the Indian economy. They will provide their expert opinions on the likely direction the new government will take in key sectors such as Energy, Infrastructure, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Defence.
Some of our confirmed Speakers include:
• Manoj Ladwa, Chief Executive, MLS Chase Group, Founder, India Inc.
• George Buckley, Chief Economist, Deutsche Bank
• Anjalika Bardalai, Senior Analyst, Eurasia
• Anuj Chande, Partner, Grant Thornton
• Shaurya Doval, Co Founder, Zeus Caps
• Richard Gubbins – Senior Partner, Ashurst
• Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt, Chair UK India Business Council
• Andy Marino, Author of the best-selling ‘Narendra Modi: A Political Biography’
• Seema Malhotra, Labour Party Cooperative MP & Chair of the Party’s Business Interest Group
• Ranjan Mathai, Indian High Commissioner to the UK
• H.E. Nimisha Madhvani, Ugandan Ambassador to France
• Ian Murray MP, Labour Member of Parliament for Edinburgh South
• Lady Mohini Kent Noon, Chairperson, The Lily Foundation
• Priti Patel MP, Prime Minister’s Representative for Engagement with the Indian Diaspora
• Gopika Pant, Senior Partner, Indian Law Partners
The India Inc. Briefing will bring together some of the UK’s most senior business figures to debate what the likely new opportunities and challenges will be for UK businesses doing business in India.
Who should attend:
• Chairman and Chief Executives
• Finance Directors
• Senior Board Level Executives
• Heads of Legal, Government Relations, and Corporate Affairs
• Business Development and Risk Analysis Executives
• Partners of Professional Services Organisations
• Senior Public Sector Executives
• Private Equity Houses
• Representatives from Trade Associations
• Financial Media Representatives
Click here to view our Past events
Click here to view our Print edition